Nothing can be more simple than making these wonderful tasty biscuits. Not only do a make a tasty tea and coffee time treat but boxed and wrapped can make a lovely little gift for friends and family.
Ingredients: Makes 20 to 24 biscuits.
4 oz or 125 g Butter
2 oz or 55 g Caster Sugar
6 oz or 180 g Plain Flour
1. Preheat oven to 190C - 375F - Gas 5.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Spoon in the flour until well blended.
4. Turn the mixture onto a surface and roll into a tube shaped strip and divide into 20 or 24 cookies. I you prefer make the shortbread into fingers.
5. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle sugar, then chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are a pale golden brown colour.
7. Cool the shortbread on a wire tray.
You could add dried fruit, nuts or chocolate chips into the mixture as you are adding the flour.
Wrapped in some greaseproof paper or little gift boxes, will make it a very tasty present.
Have fun making the shortbread with children.
Quick, easy and oh so very yummy! Whether you bake these as a special treat or a little gift, this will get you into the baking mood as you explore variations.