We are going pink this Christmas. Get the tips to make your pink lips kissable.
1. Try a semi-sheer colour. Matte lips are gorgeous, but sheer colours blend better, creating a more "you" shade. Plus, you can layer semi-sheers on for the level of brightness you want, using the same lipstick to go from a pretty hint of pink during the day to a fabulous neon at night.
2. Consider your undertones before you buy. Cool undertones look great in blue-pinks like the one Kristen is wearing, while warm skin tones look great in orange-pinks. If you're not sure if you're cool or warm, take the undertones quiz.
3. When in doubt, buy a neutral pink — they look good on everyone.
4. Use a lipstick primer. This one is a must if you're wearing a really bright lipstick, since highly pigmented colour slides around and fades relatively quickly.
5. Keep the rest of your makeup low-key. The lipstick will brighten up your whole complexion, so a little shimmery taupe eye shadow, a swipe of mascara, and a hint of blush should be more than enough to make you look sophisticated and glamorous.
Here are The Riviera Woman top four choices:
1. Elizabeth Arden - Pink Vibrations
2. MAC - Sweet Thing
3. Givenchy - Nude Pink
4. Christian Dior Addict - Designer Coral
We are giving away Lipstick by Christian Dior - Designer Coral in our Christmas COMPETITION!
Feature contributed by The Riviera Woman on November 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm.