Food and Recipes
Slices of homemade country bread with melted gorgonzola cheese and shavings of fontina by Top Chef Joël Garault.
- 4 Slices of Country Bread, cut thickly.
- 250 g of Gorgonzola Cheese.
- 150g of Sweet Potato (Preferably pink variety)
- 100 g of Dried Tomatoes.
- 2 Sage Leaves.
- Mixed Bouquet of Salad
- 100 g of Mixed Nuts, Hazelnuts, Pistachios and Dried Apricots.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a pan, add olive oil and fry the potato cubes until well cooked.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and finely chopped sage.
- Slice the fontina very thinly (shavings) and put to one side.
- Toast just one side of the bread. Then cover the non toasted side with the sweet potato, sun-dried tomatoes and sage. Top with gorgonzola cheese and the fontina shavings.
- Pop back under a salamander or in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Dressing up: Place the toasted cheese bread on a slate platter. Arrange the dried fruit and chopped nuts and finely add the green salad.
A dessert by Joël Garault will follow...
See Joël Garault in action in his kitchen at Vistamar *G.M
Follow Le Chef: http://passionnementmacuisine.jimdo.com/
and you can buy his book « Passionnément ma cuisine »
Meet the Food Master: Joël Garault
Joël Garault will be present for the 4 day food exhibition "Gastronomique de Monaco", 25 to 28 November 2011, and with a book signing on Saturday 26th November all day.
Special thanks to Alexandre Durand - Editor
See Joël's starter: Artichokes and Rock Salt, Red Mullet Fillets Graced with Niçoises.
See Joël's dessert: Cake au citron (Recette de Jocelyn Ballat).