Food and Recipes
6 Unwaxed Lemons
500g Caster Sugar
1 litre of Vodka
1. Using a vegetable peeler carefully remove the peel from the lemons withought taking any of the white pith. Then squeeze the juice from the lemons and leave aside.
2. Put the caster sugar and water into a saucepan and over a low heat stir until the sugar is disolved. Add the lemon peel to the liquid and bring to the boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Now add the juice of the lemons and bring back to the boil and once again simmer for 5 minutes. Leave the juice to cool for 15 minutes.
4. Transfer all the liquid into a large jar and add the vodka. Cover tightly and leave for two weeks. Every two days, just shake the jar carefully.
5. Final step is to strain the liqueur and pour into bottles. add a strip of zest to each bottle. Serve chilled straight after dinner.
Limoncello made by Anna Fill and bottled 30th December 2011