Food and Recipes
Salmon Steaks with Creamed Leeks
Ingredients to serve 4:
4 thick salmon steaks with skins (approx 180g each)
5 branches of dill
20cl single cream
15cl dry white wine
2 teaspoon fish stock powder
10g and 25g butter
2 chopped shallot
1 tablespoon creme fraiche
Complement with: New potatoes
1. After removing the root and green parts of the leeks slice them lengthwise to clean thoroughly and then chop into small pieces.
2. Finely chop one of the shallot and lightly brown using 25g of butter.
3. Add the leeks and cook on a very low heat for about 20 minutes stirring regularly. Then leave to one side.
4. Finely chop the other shallot and fry using the remaining 10g of butter until lightly browned.
5. Add the dill branches (leave a little to garnish) and white wine and bring to boil for a few moments.
6. Then add to it the fish stock which has been mixed into the single cream. Keep the heat low and allow the mixture to reduce until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
7. For the salmon, season with salt and pepper and cook on one side only in a hot frying pan using the oil, for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Before serving, add the creme fraiche and juice from one lime to the leeks.
Spoon the leek fondue on the plate first, then the sauce and finally place the salmon on top. Garnish with dill. Also serve with warm new boiled potatoes.