6 Reasons To Eat Chocolate
Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health.
Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Chocolate is made from tropical Theobroma cacao tree seeds. The earliest use of chocolate dates back to the Olmec civilization in Mesoamerica. Studies show that dark chocolate can improve your health.
It is worth making the point that like everything in life, modeartion is key.
We found 6 beneficial reasons to eating chocolate.
1. Dark Chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants - Cocoa and dark chocolate have a wide variety of powerful antioxidants, way more than most other foods.
2. Dark Chocolate May Lower The Risk of Cardiovascular Disease - Observational studies show a drastic reduction in heart disease risk for the people who consume the most chocolate. A recent study shows that people who regularly consume 70% dark chocolate (about 20 g per day) show a marked improvement in blood flow.
3. Dark Chocolate May Improve Brain Function - drinking cocoa rich in flavanol boosts blood flow to key parts of the brain for 2 to 3 hours, which could improve performance and alertness in the short term.
4. Great for weight loss - because dark chocolate is more filling, you crave less and eat less. So you can afford to have a little treat often.
5. It reduces stress - eat just a little every day and your stress level hormones will be reduced.
6. Chocolate makes you happy - It stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure.
Enjoy this video:
(If you can't see the video, click HERE)