Food and Recipes
4 Medium Onions
1 or 2 Cloves of Garlic
5 Small Carrots
30 oz (800 g) Tomatoes
1 Sprig of Thyme
¼ Laurel Leaf
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
4 Medium Courgettes
Salt and Pepper
1. Peel the aubergines, cut them into cubes and place them in a glass dish, salt generously and leave to stand for around 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel the onions and chop them finely, and clean garlic. Peel the carrots and cut them into fine sticks. Scald the tomatoes, peel and quarter them, place them in a saucepan and cook without fat along with the thyme, laurel and garlic clove. Leave to cook and reduce for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and brown the onions and carrots, stirring with a wooden spoon.
4. Prepare the courgettes by cutting off the two ends, then dice them and add them to the onions and carrots (no need to peel the courgettes if they are new). Stir well then cover.
5. About 15 minutes after cooking, add the aubergines, first pressing them with the fingers to extract water from them.
6. Heat the serving plate. After the excess water has been removed from the tomatoes, add them to the rest, mix well, add salt and pepper, then cover.
7. Stir occasionally, adjust seasoning, and cook for around 1 hour.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.