Food and Recipes
1 large Onion
1 large Carrot
6 sliced Mushrooms
½ chopped Courgette
1 tin of Mackerel in Oil
Packet of Mushroom soup
250 g Pasta such as Tortiglioni or Penne.
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Seasoning: Salt, Pepper.
Optional: Truffle or Walnut oil to drizzle.
1. Chop the onion into big chunks, slice the carrot, mushrooms and courgettes and stir fry with a small amount of oil until softened.
2. Bring to boil a pan of water using the stock cube. Cook your pasta according to your taste. Al dente is preferable.
3. Back to the vegetable mixture, add the contents of a tin of mackerel. Stir together, trying to keep the fish in bite-size chunks.
4. Add approximately a tablespoon of the powdered mushroom soup to the vegetable and fish mixture.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain some of the liquid into the fish mixture. If the sauce is too thick, add some water. Stir well to ensure the powdered soup is properly hydrated.
6. Arrange the pasta on the plate and spoon over the mixture. Alternatively, add the pasta to the fish and vegetable mixture and stir so the pasta is thoroughly coated.
7. Chop up the tomato and use to garnish. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you have a variable pepper grinder use the coarse setting.
8. For added flavour, drizzle with either truffle or walnut oil.
This is a very rich dish but undeniably very tasty and extremely moreish!