Food and Recipes
A local specialty, biscotti made with Pistachio nuts was served at breakfast at
Hotel Villa Carlotta, Taormina, Sicily.
90 g and a further 100 g
100 g Almond Meal/Flour
120 g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs Beaten
A drop of green food colouring can be added.
1. Toast the pistachios lightly for around 10 minutes in a the oven at
2. Finely chop the 90 g of pistachio (you can do this by hand or by using a food processor)
3. Roughly chop the remaining 100 g of the pistachios.
4. In a bowl mix together the finely chopped pistachios, almond meal, castor sugar and eggs. When all is well blended into a paste-like consistency, you could add a drop of green food colouring to enhance the green coloured pistachios.
5. With the mixture, make little oblong shaped balls, (If they are a little too sticky add a little bit more almond meal to the paste.)
6. Roll the biscotti in the remaining chopped pistachios.
7. Place then in a baking sheet, around 2 cm apart and bake for around 10 - 13 minutes at 170 °c. The biscotti should have spread a little and be lightly browned in colour.
8. Optional - You can lightly sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
BY ANNA FILL