Food and Recipes
Bordighera Baking Goddess: Diana Monaco makes...
Made in Bordighera... Diana Monaco is our passionate foodie. This August Diana shares with us a recipe for a ricotta cake with almond and blueberries. Great for parties...
200 g of blueberries
150 g of ricotta cheese
100 g of cane sugar
250 g of flour
3 whole eggs
100 g of chopped almond
50 ml of milk
90 g of butter
1 baking powder sachet
1 vanilla sachet
1. Place ricotta and the sugar in a bowl and mix together with a fork until you have a smooth consistency.
2. Melt the butter in a bain-marie or in the microwave. Once cool add to the ricotta mix. Then combine the eggs and the milk. Next add the sifted flour.
3. Add to the mix the grated lemon peel, together with the baking powder and vanilla powder (this will give added flavour to the cake). Then wash the blueberries and fold them into the mixture gently. Keep a spoonful of blueberries aside to use to decorate the cake at the end.
4. Pour the mixture into a slightly greased round baking cake pan. Scatter the chopped almond on the surface of the cake and the remaining blueberries.
5. Bake at 180°C for about 40/45 minutes.