Food and Recipes
Artichokes and Rock Salt, Red Mullet Fillets Graced with NiÃ§oises Olives by Master Chef JoÃ«l Garault
- 4 Purple Artichokes
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 100 g Rocket
- 900 g of Mullet or 6 pieces at 150 g each
- 100 g of Olive Pate (from Lessatini)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 10 cl Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Basil Leaf
- 4 Pitted Black Olives - divided
- 1/2 Bunch Chives
- 10 g Salt from the Camargue
- Fuse mayonnaise with lemon juice and leave to rest.
- Skin gently the artichokes and slice thinly into 5 strips, dip them in the mayonnaise and season with sea salt.
- Cook slowly in olive oil, garlic and basil leaf to fuse and seal all the flavours.
- Attend to the well boned red mullet fillets using tongs for ease, and then cover 4 pieces with olive paste, and coat the 8 pieces with olive oil. Place all the red mullet fillets on an oiled baking sheet, bake at 150 °C for 4 minutes.
- Plate Dressing: Arrange in an arc the marinated artichoke, then place one of the oiled fillets of red mullet, followed by the olive paste coated fillet and complete with the oiled fillet. To complete before serving, dress with a bunch of rocket salad, sea salt, a few chopped olives and a touch of chives.
See details of the main dish and dessert below...
See Joël Garault in action in his kitchen at Vistamar *G.M
Follow Le Chef: http://passionnementmacuisine.jimdo.com/
and you can buy his book « Passionnément ma cuisine »
Meet the Food Master: Joël Garault
Joël Garault will be present for the 4 day food exhibition "Gastronomique de Monaco", 25 to 28 November 2011, and with a book signing on Saturday 26th November all day.
Special thanks to Alexandre Durand - Editor
See Joël's main dish: Slices of homemade country bread with melted gorgonzola cheese and shavings of fontina.
See Joël's dessert: Cake au citron (Recette de Jocelyn Ballat).